- The Mantle is finished!
- Removed Star Attack
- Added some particals
While testing, I realized that the star attack is pretty useless. There isn’t any reason to use it over the other weapons. Plus it was a bit buggy. So that’s gone. Sticky Bombs are being moved the the mantle.
Onto the main event of this week, GOOPY! The first enemy! Okay, that probably won’t be the final name (if I give them final names) but woooo!
He jumps around and sludges back and forth looking for trouble.If you look you can see some particles! The player bullets and when goopy dies. Looks good!
I’ve also added Bateract!Or just the obligatory flying eye ball enemy. Or just eye bat. Again, probably won’t do names. This one is a simple enemy that soars back and forth through the air.
Apologies for no update last week. I was lazy and a bit burnt out and so I didn’t do much. But I’m ready to start working and making some baddies!
Reminder that I now have a Twitter where I update earlier and more frequently! Keep an eye on that! https://twitter.com/PlanetCrossDev
This was one productive week! What’s new?
- Sticky Bombs have a unique explosion.
- Doors now have a closing animation
- Surface and Electric Caves complete!
- Reduced player jump height
- Boss planning!
The new sticky bomb explosion + sticky door. The sticky bomb damages all enemies in its massive radius! You won’t get many though. So they will have to be used wisely. In this gif you can also spot the door closing animation.
Sneak Peak at the surface! (Mwah ha ha! It’s blurry!)
Cool cool….. but what is coming when level building is all done and finished and good and cool and nice and all of that? It gets fun.
- Enemy designing and implementation! Build enemies around rooms, not rooms around enemies.
- Adding ammo ups to the world
- More planning for bosses and minibosses
- Fulfilling a promise that I made to someone really cool
One last thing! I have a Twitter now! I’ll post more updates there as I work on the game! If you want a bit more Planet Cross goodness in your life, give it a follow!
That’s all for this week!
Feature Complete!!! After this log, we’ll go into building the world to explore!
- Camera Constraints – The camera now limits your view to your current room.
- Sticky Bomb Fix – Corrected the hitbox that caused it to collide with walls without it looking like it hit it.
- A logo! Looks good! 😀 Should be at the top of the page by now.
- Doors that open when shot. Includes filters for certain weapons.
- Fixed a bug with missiles.
- Added a new door texture!
Doors change color depending on the weapon it requires.
The logo went through some work.
Next week, level design fun!